Friday 18 September 2009


I had a small strip of blue paper in our "scrap drawer" which I had left over from another project (I'm an terrible paper hoarder) which I tore and pasted across a beige lightly patterned 6"X4" card with rounded edges.

Using Charcoal Grey from Sakura's Dark Metallic range I drew along the ragged edge and flicked out branches as I went along.
The "Oriental" birds (by Habico) were stamped with a Black ink pad then I filled in the outline with Black Sakura to make the birds seem in silhouette.

I needed to add another colour and found a few Blue faux gem flowers which I applied after fixing a yellow gem to the center of each.
The card still seemed a bit too "bright" so I blacked around the outside with a Black ink Pad and stamped a sentiment on the bottom left.

I quite like the effect of the silhouetted birds, I think I'll have a look through our other stamps to see if I can do the same to them.

5 comments:

  1. Very classy card, Vince. I love your choice of colours and the silhouette birds are very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vince.... Lovely card and lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something a bit out of the ordinary, and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Vince - Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I moderate all my comments so they might not be published straight away, but be patient I do check them daily. X Vince

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin